Makes 4 Sandwiches
- 1 each: French style baguette – cut into 4 equal sandwich sized lengths
- 2 Tbsps Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 4 each Salmon portions (thawed) – 4-6 oz.
- 3 Tbsps E.V.O.O.
- 8 each Slices of Country pork paté, preferred brand
- 2 cups mixed Pickled vegetables, preferred brand (containing shredded carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers)
- 2 Tbsps Sambal Oelek chili sauce
- 1 cup Aioli
- ½ bunch Fresh cilantro leaves picked
- 2 each Limes, halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- Place large sauté pan on high heat and let warm for 3-5 minutes. While it is heating up, season salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Add E.V.O.O. to the hot sauté pan, and wait for the oil to come up to the smoke point.
- Add the seasoned salmon filets to the hot pan skin side up. Do not touch the fish for 5-7 minutes to create a sear on the serving side. Note: you may need to drop the heat on the pan to medium-high to avoid burning, but not too low that you will not get a good sear.
- After the 5-7 minutes, once a nice golden brown crust has formed, flip the fish over and add half of the room temperature butter to the pan. Baste the filets with the now melted butter using a spoon.
- Place the whole sauté pan with the basted salmon in the preheated oven to finish. Recommended about 3-4 minutes for a medium finish to the fish.
- While fish is cooking, in a mixing bowl, add the Sambal Oelek chili sauce, and aioli. Whisk together, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Butterfly open the 4 baguette portions and smear the remaining butter on the inside of the baguette. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place bread on a baking tray and place in the oven for 2-3 minutes until toasted and golden brown.
- When sauce is made, fish is cooked, and bread is toasted, start assembling the sandwich by smearing the spicy aioli on the bottom bun. Then lay 2 slices of the country paté on top of that.
- Strain off the pickled vegetables and layer a thin lay of them on top of the paté. Top that with the now cooked salmon. Top the salmon with the fresh cilantro leaves and a squeeze of the halved lime over that. Serve.