Bucatini is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole in the center. Ziti would also work well. The veggies and olive oil in this recipe meld together to create a comforting, almost creamy sauce. An unexpected hit of lime keeps the flavors bright.
- 1 lb Bucatini
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- 2 Poblano chile peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Small Zucchini squash, diced
- 1 lb Medium Shrimp
- Juice of 1 Fresh Lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Cook pasta until al
- While the pasta is cooking, warm olive oil in a large
skillet over medium heat. Add the poblano and garlic
and cook until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until
beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Cover with a
lid and allow to soften further, another 10 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and add the shrimp and cook until
firm and pink, no more than 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in juice of 1 fresh lime.
- Season with salt and pepper