Grab your soup spoon and cozy up to a creamy bowl of goodness!
Yields: 15 servings.
- 1 1/4 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed & finely chopped
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 large Red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 4 c. Shrimp stock
- 1 lb. Shrimp thawed, uncooked, medium to large, peeled & deveined
- 1 (16 1/2 – 17 oz) can Cream style corn
- 1 (16 1/2 – 17 oz) can Whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1 c. Whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Place first 4 ingredients in heavy large Dutch oven.
- Pour stock over and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in both cans of corn, cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish soup with chives.