Recipe courtesy of DishonFish.
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups potatoes, washed well and diced (keep peel on)
- 1½ pounds cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup skim milk
- Dash of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onions and scallion whites. Sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes and cod. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add corn, half-and-half, skim milk, red pepper flakes and turmeric. Cover and bring to a light simmer.
- Add salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with scallion greens.