- 2 Tilapia fillets, prepared
- 1 Golden pineapple
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro, rough chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4-5 large leaves of Shiso or another leafy green
- 2 dozen decorative teaspoons
- Peel and core pineapple and mince extra fine. Place in mixing bowl.
- Fine mince red onion, jalapeno and red bell pepper, then fold into pineapple.
- Squeeze the juice of the limes over the pineapple mixture. Add olive oil and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Arrange Shiso leaves or leafy greens flat on a platter. Place empty spoons on top of the leaves face up. The leaves will act as a grip for the spoons so they do not slide on the plate.
- Cut prepared Tilapia down the middle lengthways and then twice the short way to make six even bite-size pieces.
- Fill each spoon with a small amount of pineapple salsa, top with Tilapia and serve.
Yield: 2 dozen spoons
This salsa also pairs well with pita or tortilla chips or as a cracker or bruschetta topping.